Thursday 6 March 2014

Contents Page Features

During the process, of creating my contents page for my magazine, I am recording and documenting each but of the process as I go along to evaluate and criticize the page, in order to improve it further.



This is a print-screen showing that I am currently adding my text in and relating the features to the genre I have chosen by creating it about Indie or Indie Rock Artists on the music scene.The bands and artists are all of or linked to the genre I have chosen ad the news is realistic and relatable to music, as I had intended.

I am trying to keep within the colour scheme of my magazine front cover and not divert it away. The page number are in larger font size at "24", it is is of the same shade of purple featured in my front cover magazine.

The text describing the feature is in size "8" as it should be and not look too large and overcrowded, however clear. I decided to keep the font style the same, as I liked the font and thought it kept the page quite relatable to the front cover.

However, I evaluated my front cover and requested opinion from my target market. The name of the artist or band did not really stand out, and you could be able to differentiate between the description and name of artist.


So I gave the name of the artist a background text box and changed the font of the artist to white, so that it would be clearer and stand out against the description. Furthermore the font size had changed to be slightly bigger than the description, to attract the readers attention.


This print- screen, shows the large difference between  the two separate features. I only altered one of the features, to see what it may loom like and also to gain other peoples thoughts and see what they prefer. All of the people that I had asked said that the first feature was much better as it stood out and complimented the partition lines featured across the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment