Wednesday 19 March 2014

Artist Interview

Interview Questions

1) How would describe yourself within the music industry and why?
“I think this would have to be quite a biased account of myself really, I believe I’m headstrong, different and eccentric. I want to push the boundaries of musical creativity and take it to a whole new level, where people don’t have to try as hard to appeal to their fans by being fake, I want the music to speak for itself and let that do the talking rather than who I’m dating. The music industry is not a forgiving place you know, everyone is watching and judging your every move. I think as a band we have transitioned quite well and become aware of the attention we have received and taken quite well and enhanced it in a positive way”

2) What is the inspiration and key to success for penning an award-winning album?
“Honestly, I have no bloody clue. For every person there is a different story, meaning and memory behind each song. When you do write an album, it’s not typically- oh shit how am I goanna create something the sells. To me it is writing about what I know, learnt, struggled, inspired and overcame in my life and putting it on a piece of paper and feeling like yeah this is what is art of me, obviously it may  not always be award-winning but hey that’s life, but if someone can relate to that song then that is great.”

3) A lot has changed for you, would you consider it a positive or a good?
“I really detest change…it is the sense that nothing stays that really annoys me and the fact that you just have to go along with it. In some ways the changes in my life have been immensely gratifying, I’m getting the opportunities to do things that before I wouldn’t even look at. I’m able to connect with millions of people through that one song and that really touches me.”

I get aggravated off, privacy is something that you slowly start to lose but if you try and keep intact why that should that be the case. The media is a blessing and a curse, I’m not saying that there shouldn’t be a price to fame like there is to everything else, but it is unfair when people who never asked for it and dragged into the mud. It is unnecessary and stupid.”

4) Your band has been quite the fuel of rumours lately, are any of them true?
“The rumours! No they are absolute nonsense. My band and I are one massive family, everything that we put into an album is a bit of every single person in our band. The band is like my brothers and sisters, of course we have a few odd tiffs but at the end of the day there my family, we been through highs and lows and on an emotional terrifying roller-coaster since a young age. They are the first people I talk to if I’ve had a setback or an achievement no matter what. The rumours aren’t even worth addressing because there lies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment